To keep pace with the fast-moving world, you need to keep your website accelerated and broaden its reach by ensuring customer satisfaction. With the increasing load of content and traffic in dynamic websites, you may face two issues: security vulnerability and decreasing loading speed.
Thanks to CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) that ensure speedy loading and keep the malicious IPs and threats away. And if you operate your site on WordPress, the most popular CMS, the best CDN for WordPress, should be your ultimate choice to optimise your website and rank on the search engines.
Do you require the best CDN for WordPress? I am offering the necessary information and a comprehensive list to make the best decision.
What is a WordPress CDN
Content Delivery Network, shortly termed as CDN, is a cluster of web servers scattered across the world to optimise content delivery and speed-up site loading by sending cached files to the end-users from their most proximate PoPs (Points of Presence).
Working Process of a WordPress CDN Work
- When you pick a WordPress hosting provider, they host your site and deliver your content from the same single server.
- If the traffic load is high, the site may slow down and encounter downtimes.
- When you integrate a CDN with your WordPress, it copies and reserves your web pages in multiple proxy servers worldwide.
- When a user searches for a page, the WordPress CDN promptly shows that page from the most adjacent PoP rather than the host server.
- It, as a result, improves your website's load time and optimises its performance.
Benefits of WordPress CDN
Employing the best CDN for WordPress comes with tremendous benefits:
- It Promotes Website SEO: The speedier the page load is, the more beneficial it is for SEO. Loading speed is again a significant determinant of website ranking in Google results. As I have already mentioned, a WordPress CDN makes the pages of your site load faster. Thus, it can play a vital role in improving the site's SEO, which can help you rank in search engines.
- CDN Services Limit Bounce Rates: With thousands of WordPress websites available today, people don't stick to a page for more than 45 seconds. And if it loads slowly, it will increase the bounce rate more. With the excellent functionalities and globally located data centers, WordPress CDNs can provide the visitors with static content of a site in no time. Consequently, you will notice a lowered bounce rate.
- Improved Website Uptime: Whether you house your website on a private server or a shared one, it may run slow or even crash if the traffic load is high. WordPress CDNs come into use here as they are specially devised to manage heavy traffic and keep the performance optimal. But if your site receives massive requests for dynamic resources, it can also face downtimes, even with a CDN. Hiring a web hosting that can make the CDN system more efficacious by caching your site assets on their servers is a viable solution to maintain an optimal uptime.
- It Saves Bandwidth: When you incorporate a CDN service to a site, it will lessen traffic load from the origin server, forwarding the requested pages from its geographically placed PoPs. Thus it limits bandwidth consumption and cuts expenses.
- Offers Seamless User Experience: The Best CDN for WordPress not only ensures seamless customer satisfaction with prompt loading but also makes your website mobile-friendly by optimising static content delivery, no matter what device the users are using.
Best CDN for WordPress
To assist you in picking the best CDN for WordPress, I am offering a well-researched brief.
Cloudflare, the most reputable free CDN, is my top pick. With its free plan, you are getting speedy delivery (both dynamic and static asset) coupled with shared SSL encryption, access to 180 data centers scattered globally, and limited DDoS security.
For more robust protection, you can go with the premium plan.
This high-quality CDN provider features:
- HTTP/3 support
- Premium plans feature WAF (Web Application Firewall)
- API programmability for workflow automation
- Instant cache purging
If you are searching for the best CDN for WordPress, KeyCDN might be the ultimate choice. Besides offering extensive coverage with over 40 data centers, KeyCDN provides a free WordPress CDN plugin that ensures effortless incorporation with your site.
- SSD utilisation for better performance and fast delivery
- Free HTTP/2 support, TLS encryption, Secure Token, two-step authentication, Block Bad Bot, and more for better security!
- Cache-control for speedy access
- Real-time analytics for offering normalised traffic data
MaxCDN is a quality CDN with surpassing features. After collaborating with StackPath, today, it has 45 data centers (MaxCDN alone had 36), coming with top SSD drives scattered throughout the world for super-quick content delivery.
Some cutting-edge features are:
- Includes WAF in all plans
- Smart caching with instant cache purging
- Offers real-time traffic analytics
- Flexible SSL options and DDoS attacks mitigation
It is another best CDN for WordPress that promises to accelerate your site loading by 70%. You have to subscribe to its WAF, and the CDN comes with it by default.
This global anycast system is positioned worldwide and offers the following key features:
- Smart caching to limit bandwidth usage
- DNS monitoring
- It offers real-time security against attacks, content spamming, malware IPs, etc.
- Uptime monitoring
Incapsula is another free yet full-featured CDN service that ensures hosting your site pages globally with intelligent cache control and network optimisation for better and faster delivery, improving the load time.
The key features are:
- Real-time threat analysis, traffic monitoring, DDoS attack protection, and failover control
- Facility to adjust caching via modes
- HTTP/2 support for better speed and security.